So I recently bought like this HUGE bunch of kale from the grocery store to use in my smoothies and, considering I only used like two leaves in each smoothie and kept forgetting to use it anyway, it got yellow and smelly pretty quickly. So of course I went and bought another, because you know you’ve gotta have those two kale leaves in your smoothie. Well I soon realized I was going to waste another bunch of kale so I decided to make something else with the extra kale. First, I tried kale chips and can I just say…not my fave. I was hoping for the same reaction I had to sweet potato fries when I first discovered them. Yeah…no. They have this weird texture and are super light and crispy. Basically, you put it in your mouth and it’s gone, which I guess makes sense because your eating a baked leaf. Anyway, that used up half of the kale, and with the other half I decided to make this! The original recipe can be found here and is loosely based off a recipe from Julia Mueller’s cookbook, Let Them Eat Kale! I modified the recipe to make it easier and a bit cheaper as well. If you click on the link, you’ll see how much nicer their salad looks, but whatever. I was in a hurry.
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and chopped up
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Large pinch of salt
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Ken’s Steak House Balsamic with Honey Dressing (or something similar)
1. In a large bowl, toss kale with olive oil and salt. Massage until kale volume reduces by half and kale turns dark green.
2. Toss kale with peaches, corn and cheese.
3. Pour on desired amount of dressing and toss. You can also add croutons, but I thought it didn’t need it.
You can see I made quite a few adjustments to the recipe (like using store bought dressing instead of making my own), making it a lot simpler and probably just as delicious! It was a hit in my house! Enjoy!
Who needs to spend ridiculous amounts of money on store bought peanut butter cups? Not you! These white chocolate peanut butter cups are easy and super fun to make! (I didn’t come up with this recipe but I modified it somewhat.)
This is what you’ll need:
-1/4 cup ritz cracker crumbs (mash em’ up in a bag)
-3/4 cup of powdered sugar
-1/2 cup of peanut butter
-2 Tbsp butter
-3 cups white chocolate chips
-12 cupcake liners
~should make about 12 of these suckers~
Now here’s what you do:
1. Combine the ritz cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter in a mixer and mix until well combined. It should end up looking something like this:
Next, divide the mixture and make it into small quarter-sized balls with your hands. Then smush them.
Now, fill your cupcake tray with the liners. Melt the white chocolate and then fill the bottom of each of the cups with chocolate.
Then, place your peanut butter balls in the center of each one.
Finally, coat each one with chocolate so that it is completely covered and then put them into the fridge to harden.
Tessa and Sara in Action is
just a blog the best blog you will ever read in your miserable life.
It was created by two friends~~~~
* It was created by one semi-cool person and another awesomely hilarious person
* It is intended to be random. Like celebrity baby names random
* We’ll post stuff like – song lists, movie reviews, diy stuff, fashion, funny stories (you get the idea)
* Anyways, now your life has changed forever and you might not ever go back to the way you were before. In the words of Ron Swanson, after reading this blog “you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.” (This can apply to females as well)
-Tessa and Sara